1. Customer referrals. Dogs may be man’s best friend. And diamonds may be a girl’s best friend. But customer referrals are an organization’s best friend.
2. SEO, SEM and PPC. “The best way (in terms of lowest cost per acquisition) for an IT company or a service-based B2B company to generate leads is through pay per click (PPC)
3. Cross-promotions and co-marketing. Consider forming “alliances with complementary, noncompetitive vendors to exchange leads, promote each others’ products and services, or any number of other mutually beneficial activities,”
4. Providing useful content. “According to Google, tech buyers consume an average of 14 pieces of online content before making a buying decision
5. Speaking at trade shows, conferences and industry events. “The best lead generator is to give an event presentation and follow it with customized letters, calls or emails to individuals that you met [there],”
6. Using LinkedIn. “Our customer research showed that traffic from LinkedIn generated the highest visitor to lead conversion rate (2.74 percent), almost three times higher than Twitter (.69 percent) and Facebook (.77 percent),
7. Using Twitter. Use Twitter “to promote sales, products or services… and utilize hashtags so that potential clients can find your sale or topic,
8. Providing contact information on every website page. “With search engines being such an important driver of inbound website traffic, you can’t always predict where people are going to enter your website,
9. Live chat. “We added a live chat box to our website and generated a request for quote.